IT’S A POTLUCK
Let’s Meet & Greet and catch up with all the news in the neighborhood!
Please bring a dish to share
When: Oct 27 from 4:00 – 7:00 PM, Location: The Little Meeting House , 719 Roosevelt Trl, Windham Maine
As Little Sebago Lake has maintenance performed on their dam, there will be small water releases which may slightly affect the Collins Pond water level. For larger releases we will also open for short periods, as just happened on Sept 8th. A reminder that Little Sebago Lake starts their mandated water level draw down for the winter on October 15th. We will open our dam at that time also to maintain a lower level for the winter. This is intended to limit damage from ice to the shoreline during the winter.
- President: Cheryl Rawson
- Vice President: Maura Clarke
- Treasurer: Rodger Patterson
- Clerk: Nancy Cleveland
- Board of Directors: Bill Burke, Bret Meck, Paula Monaghan Sherry Andre
To contact an Officer of CPIA please email email@example.com
Enter to win and help us raise funds for deserving non-profits.
Twelve lucky winners* will receive one of the following:
- iRocket 11-foot Inflatable Paddleboard Package
- OBRIEN 2-person Super Screamer Towable Tube
- L.L. Bean Manatee 10 Solo Kayak Package
Fundraising raffle tickets available at any Evergreen branch location up to July 16th.
- 2 for $5
- 5 for $10
- 20 for $20
- Three lake associations in the Sebago area
- Local food pantries
- Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland
Details visit: https://www.egcu.org/resources/raffle-fundraiser.html
All proceeds benefit:
*You do not need to be a member of Evergreen Credit Union to win, and there is no limit to the number of raffle tickets any person can purchase. Winners do not need to be present to win. 3 winners will be drawn at each of our 4 branches. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email within 5 business days. If a winner fails to respond by August 1, 2019, they forfeit the prize. Sponsors have no liability once the winner receives their prize. Retail value of each of the three prizes is between $250 and $600. Winners of the Inflatable Paddleboard Package will receive a 1099 Tax Form for 2019 filing and must complete IRS Form W-2G. Employees (full or part time) and Board Members of Evergreen Credit Union and their families are not eligible to participate.
The crew from New England Milfoil will be back at work removing milfoil from Collins Pond. Grants from the Maine DEP and the Town of Windham are helping to support this work, along with your donations.
NE Milfoil Schedule:
- Sunday June 30 – Wednesday, July 3rd. (Two DASH boats working during this time.)
- Monday, September 23 – Thursday, September 26th ( One DASH Boat)
Here are some ways you can help with the effort!
- Click on the DONATE button to assist in this effort.
- Rake up lose milfoil from your shoreline.
- Help find a location nearby to accepted the milfoil we harvest or if you have land you can allocate for this purpose, please email Roger or Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com The further away New England Milfoil has to travel to dispose the milfoil, the less time they have to harvest on our pond.
Did you know Milfoil is touted as a wonderful fertilizer for gardens. See below links to articles on how milfoil is being used on organic farms.
Please join us for the 2019 Annual Meeting to catch up on Pond projects and more!
June 22, 2019
Nancy Cleveland’s Residence, 52 Sposedo Rd, Windham ME
Please bring a chair
- Convene and Introductions
- Secretary’s /Treasurer’s Reports Grants & Other Funding
- Dam Report
- DASH Boat/ Milfoil Control Efforts
- Pond Donations
- New Business
- Election of Officers and Board
Our deepest sympathy go to Nancy Cleveland for the loss of her Mother a long time resident of Collins Pond.
Emily Jeane Libby passed away on Dec 23 at home looking out over our beloved Collins Pond with Nancy at her side . She had turned 96 just after Thanksgiving and had lived year round on Collins Pond since 2001. Nancy’s father’s grandfather built the family camp that is now Nancy’s home. Her parents brought her and her siblings out to Collins Pond on weekends every summer.
The obituary celebrating a long life, well lived HobbsFuneralHome.com